Farmer John, originally known as Clougherty Brothers Packing Co, began in 1931 when Irish-American brothers Francis and Bernard Clougherty began curing and selling fresh pork bellies and smoked hams to local grocery stores. By the end of WWII, as the population grew along with the demand for packaged meats, so did their business. In 1953, the company was renamed Farmer John, paving the way for it to become a household name. After the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to Los Angeles in 1958, Farmer John became the official DODGER DOG® hot dog maker, solidifying Farmer John’s presence in Southern California. Today, Farmer John continues to supply the finest quality meat products, including smoked sausage, bacon, fresh pork, ham and hot dogs, to fans across the West Coast and beyond.